MHHP's Mission is to foster, promote and protect the interests and general welfare of the hearing impaired and the professional, business, and legal interests and the general welfare of our members.
The purpose of MHHP, an Affiliate State Chapter of the International Hearing Society, is:
1. To better serve the hearing impaired by enhancing professionalism in the hearing aid industry.
2. To offer a forum for all hearing aid dispensing professionals for the exchange and dissemination of knowledge
3. To promote the use of best practices by hearing aid dispensing professionals in the dispensing and fitting of hearing aids and assistive technologies, and the provision of related services.
4. Providing advocacy to represent the membership of the MHHP before legislative committees, government agencies and other bodies regarding matters affecting hearing healthcare in Minnesota, and to advance legislative and administrative priorities of the MHHP.
5. To foster and encourage the development of closer working relationships among healthcare providers, rehabilitation groups, education groups, advocacy groups, and others working for the benefit of the deaf and hard of hearing.
6. To promote and encourage an effective program of public education, as to the benefits of the use of hearing aids and the role of the certified hearing aid dispensing professional.
7. To foster certified hearing aid dispensing professionals in Minnesota in adherence to ethical standards as set forth in the International Hearing Society Code of Ethics and applicable state laws and regulations, including those related to clinical care, marketing, and business practices.