Candidate Confidentiality and Disclosure Policy
The International Hearing Society (IHS) requires that is procedures be sensitive to the need to maintain candidate information confidentiality in the certificate process while also disclosing certain information to serve and protect the public interest. Program candidates and certificate holders should be aware that the International Hearing Society may release certificate status to agencies such as a candidate/certificate holder’s current/potential employer. International Hearing Society certificate holders may also have their names listed in various IHS publications or on the IHS webpage from time to time, such as when the International Hearing Society is congratulating new certificate holders, etc.
At this time the International Hearing Society does not use an online credential verification system. The International Hearing Society does not provide social security numbers or other personally identifiable information to third parties.
Exceptions to this policy may be made and the aforementioned requirements may be waived for any information or documentation the International Hearing Society is required to disclose relative to a bona fide judicial or governmental process.
Download the Candidate Confidentiality and Disclosure Policy
Candidate Confidentiality Agreement
International Hearing Society (IHS) has developed and created the Tinnitus Care Provider Certificate Program. Registered program candidates will have access to program materials both in print and electronic formats. In consideration of receiving access to program materials, you agree to the following security responsibilities:
- This agreement applies to all program materials in any format (including, but not limited to, curriculum, demonstration videos, articles, participation guide, study guide) discussed and shared as part of the Tinnitus Care Provider Certificate Program.
- It is understood and agreed that the content included in the Tinnitus Care Provider Certificate Program must only be accessed by you, the registered candidate.
- Security and confidentiality require that you do not reproduce and disseminate any of the program materials unless IHS grants you express prior written permission.
- All information provided to you is the property of IHS.
- You will not use any information derived from your participation in the Tinnitus Care Provider Certificate Program in any way that will harm or otherwise be to the detriment of IHS.
Download the Candidate Confidentiality Agreement.
Program Code of Ethics and Professional Practice
Trouble viewing? Click here for download the Program Code of Ethics and Professional Practice.
Certificate and Logo Use Policy
Trouble viewing? Click here for download the Certificate and Logo Use Policy.
The International Hearing Society maintains the right to recall or nullify the certificate document in the event that a certificate holder has violated program requirements or policies.
The International Hearing Society shall maintain sole ownership of the certificate document.
Download the Violation Policy.
Updated March 31, 2021